Items tagged with: FediBlock
I am now also on #bluesky. Let's see how this turns out. I clearly prefer the concept of #Mastodon but it can be a little one-dimensional here at times when it comes to topics and political views and the whole #fedidrama and #fediblock hysteria can be a little annoying too.
Well … if Ro thinks, he can publish a list full of hate-speech and lies, I could start to create a website to my API I created, for the information I used for e.g. https://bka.li/news/20230512-1525/ …
I then also mask this by saying that I want to make the Internet safer and then also immediately call everyone a bigot and racist who disagrees with me.
So i spent a few hours guaranteeing 20 instances, and adding about 25 or 30 endorsements/censors/hesitations.
I love the idea and I think it has a LOT of potential.
Regardless I want to list it all here so the effected instances can be aware and if they wish respond/react. You can read my reason for endorsement of any of the below servers in the links provided.
Also please consider if you are an admin signing up and endorsing these and other instances as well.
Endorsed / Garunteed
** All actions including censors **
So I found this cool new tool that looks like a very new take on the idea of a blocklist, not really sure I can even call it a block list.
As I understand it it does a few things:
1) Only system administrators can get accounts, but users can view the data
2) a chain of trust which in and of itself only proves you arent a spammer. Anyone in the chain of trust can add other instances. Once an instance is in the chain then their admin can get an account and contribute
3) an instance in the chain of trust can add up to 20 other instances to the chain of trust. Should the instance loose their trust from their parent then the entire chain breaks including instances it trusted.
4) You can add endorsements.. this is stronger than adding someone to the chain of trust. It is a way of you saying "this is a good server" and explaining what features make them a server you endorce
5) You can censure instances too, these are instances you block and give reasons why.
6) there are also lesser categories like hesitations where you can list concerns but not suggesting blocking.
7) All this can be automatically populated from your instances black/white list if you wish. Or you can add entries manually
8) you get a little badge you can put on your servers about me that shows the number of endorsements you have live.
I do highly encourage everyone to check it out.
Content warning: Racist Mastodon Users - tip black mods 🖤#FediBlock
Blocking detroitriotcity.com for hate speech and lack of moderation.
PartyOn is a proudly Black run mastodon instance. We don't tolerate hate speech, and we're continuing to build tools to rapidly resolve these types of reports. Another one goes into the training dataset.
You can tip our mod team below, it helps keep the lights on and pisses off the racist.
Content warning: Since the emacs.ch admin is still insisting they 'did nothing wrong' and 'don't have a moderation problem':
#Fediblock emacs.ch for not moderating antisemitic harassment and involving an instance in a long, drawn-out moderation procedure ('we'll only moderate this user if you participate in our moderation procedure for several hours including working on this 14 page shared document that asks the harassed -
This morning, in response to our post https://mastodon.art/@simcha/111097893261902393, fial[at]ihatebeinga[dot]live said: "antisemitism because Adidas and Kanye West?"
Upon inspecting the instance, they appear to have instances known for racism in their local bubble.
simcha.lgbt and mastodon.art have suspended the instance.
Content warning: mastodon.art suspension proposed
These users have proposed a #FediBlock for mastodon.art.
https://void.rehab/notes/9jnqkdsuaa569fp6 (receipts linked) 2023/09/15
https://social.tulsa.ok.us/@BalooUriza/110770040961764143 (receipts needed) 2023/07/24
Content warning: fediblock call against mastodon.art for report abuse
.art has spammed multiple instances with bogus reports alleging a history of racism on instances without any evidence. further investigation shows that this is actually a template used by .art and has been sent to multiple instances for criticizing a third party despite the template not at all fitting the context. for this reason, i am calling for a block against .art until they reform their internal report systems to prevent spam.
https://plasmatrap.com/notes/9jmiz2omgjk045n4 - no evidence of racism, just linked a post with screenshots of prior anti-furry statements by are0h
https://void.rehab/notes/9jnokfnbqzem1f9i - no evidence of racism, just linked a post criticizing are0h
please reply to this post if you've received similar spam from .art
ANTISEMITE ALERT 🚨
We highly recommend a block of freetalklive[dot]com particularly for instances which do not use imported blocklists and thus may not already have it blocked.
LGBTQIA+ Simcha and Mastodon.ART both already have suspended *.freetalklive.com for quite some time, and it is on T0 https://seirdy.one/posts/2023/05/02/fediverse-blocklists/
This is disappointing to read, completely misinformed and harmful to spread.
Racism does not need to be a pissing contest or a binary experience. Thats just giving racists opportunity to silently thrive.
I am calling for #fediblock of rage.love
Please do not support or give these type of people a voice in the #fediverse.